Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I think this might be the best thing that has happened to me since I've been in Paris: While picnicking in the
Jardin de Luxembourg this noon, I heard the dulcet tones of Donna Summer and co. wafting over from
around the tennis courts. When I followed the siren song of my good friend Donna, what did I find but
THE GYMNASTICS TEAM OF THE PARIS FIRE DEPARTMENT giving a vaulting/tumbling
demonstration to small Parisian schoolchildren clad in naught but skimpy red shorts and matching white
sneakers. It was easily the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed, especially as it slowly dawned on me
that this spectacle was the product of careful training funded by the City of Paris's municipal FIREFIGHTING
budget.

Incredible. I could not keep a smile of pure, unadulterated joy off my face all afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home